The RRT Bundaberg Team have been steadily committed to the support of the Bundaberg Regional Housing Breakfast Stop throughout 2016 and each month to date, with 3 more upcoming events booked in.
At each monthly event, generally 6 RRT volunteers are required to setup and run the event, serving 20-30 people with numbers increasing as more are become aware of the service. Breakfast is served at 7:00 to 8:30am consisting of bacon and egg rolls, fruit, tea coffee and juice – a great way to start any day!
This Breakfast Stop is located at the Regional Housing Limited car park at 30 Tantitha Street Bundaberg. The Bundaberg Housing and Homelessness Forum aims to provide an open forum for workers, government and other interested parties to come together to discuss the changing environment and concerns of the Housing and Homelessness sector.
The forum works to:
- Promote effective collaboration across the sector
- Increase connections and partnerships with others in the community sector
- Increase the community’s awareness and understanding of homelessness
- Develop creative solutions in an interactive manner
- Operate for the benefit of those who access services and support them irrespective of gender, age, country of birth, language, cultural, sexual orientation or religion
RRT Bundaberg execute these events efficiently and to a high stand and are looking forward to receiving their own RRT Trailer due to the number of RRT events they run in the area in support of charity. Following the March event RRT Bundaberg received a “THUMBS UP” in the local newspaper the following day – well deserved and a strong encouragement to keep going!